The Board Members, Volunteers and Staff Amelia Rising Sexual Assault Centre of Nipissing will work to empower and provide a voice for Women and the communities in which they live in order to:
- Eliminate violence against women and children
- Create social change regarding issues of equality and justice
- Develop, apply and increase awareness of anti-oppressive approaches
- Provide healing from sexual violence
- freedom of choice
- appreciation of diversity
- tolerance (but zero tolerance for violence!)
Our vision is a world where women and children of all walks of life live free of sexual violence and the threat of sexual violence.
Strategic Plan 2012-2015
Amelia Rising believes in the power of strong communities to end sexual violence. While Amelia Rising is a fundamental element for this important vision, networking and collaborating with community partners will be key to eradicating sexual violence from our communities.
Amelia Rising believes in the power of change and the valuable process of growth. The organization has developed from a collective to adopting a formal modified policy-based model of governance.
Amelia Rising will have a stable organizational structure to support resilient adaptability and overall organizational excellence.
Amelia Rising recognizes that sexual violence touches women from all walks of life. Similarly Amelia Rising recognizes that each woman is unique, as will be her journey to healing.
Amelia Rising will provide creative and innovative programming and break down barriers that limit access to services that meet the unique needs of survivors of sexual violence through-out the Nipissing District.
* Funding for this Program is provided by the Government of Ontario. All views expressed are those of the Program and its administrators and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Government of Ontario.*