Ways to Give
Survivors of sexual and gender based violence need your help. Together we can create social change.
Your generosity will help us to increase awareness and provide healing from sexual violence, reach out and connect with those in need, train our volunteers, maintain our frontline services and make them more accessible.
What Your Donation Provides
Your generosity will help provide support those who need it most in the area.
Your $25 donation will fund:
- One emergency counselling session
- Bus tickets for 4 clients to and from counselling sessions
Your $50 donation will fund:
- Ten calls to our 24/7 sexual violence helpline
- One full shelf of food in our client food bank
As a monthly donor, you’re helping us to support survivors in need each and every day. When you give to us in a sustainable way through a recurring gift, you give us the potential to plan ahead and ensure we’re providing the best care possible. Your commitment allows us to be financially prepared to serve our community better. Please consider making a monthly gift, or an annual pledge.
Fundraising is a great way to help support our centre while engaging the community. It is a good way to support survivors like yourself, friends, or family in the Nipissing area. Advocacy can be an important part of healing as well as culture of consent and making social change. Contact [email protected] to get started on centre needs and fundraising planning.
See Current Fundraisers
Tributes – in Memory or in Honour
Would you like to recognise or remember somebody important in your life while giving to support survivors of sexual violence? A tribute gift is a way to show respect, while helping us to raise awareness and inspire a shift to a culture of consent, equity, respect, healthy relationships and safety. The individual or their family can be notified of your gift.
If you prefer to give us a cheque please make it out to “Amelia Rising” and mail it to us at:
Attention: Executive Director
101 Worthington St E., Suite 215
North Bay, Ontario, Canada, P1B 1G5
We’re working towards the elimination of sexual and gender based violence. You can have a profound impact on the lives of survivors in the future and leave a lasting legacy by leaving us a gift in your will. A bequest is a simple way for you to make a significant gift without changing anything about your financial security and lifestyle today.
Download this sample clause to give to your lawyer and/or financial advisor. You are always welcome to remain anonymous, but we would be very honoured to thank you for your legacy gift today.
Thank you for your generosity as we work towards the elimination of sexual and gender-based violence.
Our charitable number is: #140687880RR0001
For questions about giving please contact:
Executive Director (she/her)
Client Resource Room Donations
We also accept donations for our Client Resource Room. This room is for active clients at Amelia Rising Sexual Violence Support Centre. Please call our Office Assistant, Heather Quirt (she/her), at 705-840-2403, ahead of time to confirm that we have room for donations before bringing them to our centre. Thank you for you support and understanding.
Items That We Can Accept:
- New/Unused Hygiene Products (menstrual hygiene, shampoo, conditioner, soap, tooth paste, tooth brush, deodorant)
- New/Unused Pantry/ Non-Perishable Food Items
- New/ Unused Clothing
- New Women’s Under Garments in various sizes.
- Used Clothing: When donating used clothing please make sure that the clothing is in good condition (i.e., no holes, rips, or stains). The folks who will be giving these clothes a second home want to feel good in what they are wearing.
Items That We Cannot Accept:
- Perishable Food Items
- Furniture or Appliances: Unfortunately we do not have the space to store furniture or appliances. We encourage furniture or appliance donations to be dropped off to, or picked up by Rebuilt Resources as they are a charity and supporter of Amelia Rising. When donating items to Rebuilt Resources, you can inform them that your items are for Amelia Rising, and the proceeds will be donated back to our organization for client services and supplies.
*Special Items Currently In Need*:
- Winter clothing items such as sweaters, winter coats, snow pants, and women’s snow boots – all in various sizes.