Contract to March 31, 2017
7 hours a week
- Deliver 30 public education presentations to a community groups, businesses, schools and agencies to market Amelia Rising services, ending workplace sexual harassment and anti-violence topics.
- Outreach to businesses, agencies and community groups in Nipissing District.
- Build and maintain a relationship with diverse and marginalized communities.
- Assist with the maintenance of social and print media.
- Develop and maintain adequate resources to use in presentations.
- Following the completion of Amelia Rising training, provide face-to-face support after presentations as required.
- Maintain necessary statistical records, monthly reports and other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Maintain an office environment that promotes a feminist analysis of violence against women and in particular the issues related to sexual violence, including incest, child sexual abuse and sexual assault.
- Employ effective and sensitive communication skills, both oral and written, in person and on the telephone.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as per Amelia Rising Oath of Confidentiality, and uphold the Code of Ethics.
- Work independently and/or with staff team.
- Adhere to Amelia Rising policies and procedures
The Public Educator must have an educational or experiential background that prepares them for the rigours of working in a highly confidential and empowering manner with women who have experienced sexual violence.
Bilingualism (French/English) is a definite asset.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate proficiency in:
- Public education and public speaking
- Issues facing survivors of sexual violence
- Anti-oppression values
- Health and social services for women throughout the Nipissing District
- Working both in a team and independent professional environment
- Highly effective written and oral communication
Interested candidates should send their resumes to:
Amelia Rising Sexual Assault Centre of Nipissing
Attn Brenda Quenneville
101 Worthington Street East, Suite #11
Fax: (705) 840-5050
Application deadline: Friday April 22, 2016
This position is funded by the Government of Ontario
Through the eyes of a survivor
Shedding light on the darkness: A Celebration of Survival
Join us as we give VOICE to our own resilience
Artists will present on opening night: Friday May 6th, 2016 from 7-9 pm
White Water Gallery – 122 Main Street East
Please see below flyer for additional information