Book A Workshop
"Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela
Public education is an important and essential pillar of the work that we do at Amelia Rising to prevent sexual and gender-based violence. Our Sexual Violence Prevention Coordinator & Educators, along with our placement students, and TRU Leaders, work to bring essential information and training to the local elementary, secondary and post-secondary schools, social service programs, libraries, and many more community organizations.
Book a Workshop
Do you want to bring Amelia Rising to your school, organization, business or event?
Email Sexual Violence Prevention Education Coordinator, Natalie Austin (she/her) at [email protected] to schedule a workshop (check your spam or junk folder if there is no reply in your inbox after 2-4 days). If you have any questions, please reach out via email or phone at 705-491-7330.
Due to high demand, please try to allow for at least 3 weeks minimum advanced notice for workshop bookings. Workshops cannot be guaranteed if advanced notice is not given.
Cost: While our workshops are free of charge for schools and community organizations, we appreciate donations to maintain our sexual violence prevention education programming. Donations are eligible for a charitable tax receipt. Suggested donation is $100/hour.
- Amelia Rising Sexual Violence Support Centre services and programs
- Consent 101
- Sexual, Intimate-Partner, Domestic, & Gender-Based Violence 101
- Luring, Grooming & Exploitation: An Intro
- Human Trafficking & Sex Trafficking: An Intro
- Gender and Sexuality (2S-LGBTQQIA+ safety in relationships)
- Fostering Healthier Relationships & Identifying Abusive Ones
- Bystander Intervention in partnership with Draw the Line – where do you draw the line on GBV?
- Digital Sexual & Gender-Based Violence + Online Safety
- Camaraderie Not Competition (for women and femme identified)
- Boundaries & Communication
- Power & Control
- Trauma & Survivor Informed
- Respecting Other’s Boundaries: Handling “No”
- OHL Onside (for OHL teams only)
*Workshops are each approximately 1-hour in length + 30 minutes reserved for discussions, questions & participation*. Workshops will be hosted virtually until safe to do otherwise.
Certificates of Attendance Available. For virtual workshops the use of Polls, Jam Board Activities and Videos are incorporated for attendee participation.
Click Here to be redirected to our upcoming workshops and events open to the public.