Current Employment Opportunities
Join Our Team
We work from feminist, intersectional, anti-racist and anti-oppressive frameworks. A consent culture, based on equity, is essential to ending sexual and gender-based violence. Amelia Rising believes that by working together, honouring differences, leaning into our discomfort, and challenging ourselves that we will achieve our vision of a just social world.
Amelia Rising Sexual Violence Support Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Sexual Violence Prevention Educator - CLOSED
Full-Time, 1-Year Contract
The primary objectives for this position are to:
- Increase teen’s capacity for healthy relationships (intimate relationships and also relationships with family, friends, community and self) through education, counselling and support groups;
- Prevention, intervention and eradication of sexual and gender-based violence;
- Raise awareness and inspire a shift to a culture of consent, equity, respect, healthy relationships and safety;
- Foster resilience and enhance protective factors for youth;
- Provide education on human trafficking and safety for youth with a critical anti-trafficking lens
- Host online learning and events
* Must have a Bachelors degree or College diploma in a related field of study and relevant experience
* Must have computer literacy, knowledge of webinar formatting, administrative skills to track reach, use evaluative tools to improve and focus programming, track stats and have ability to research and develop programming.
* Must be passionate about working with youth, public speaking and sharing information with the community.
* Must be able to work from home due to COVID-19 safety protocols
HOW TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume, quoting Sexual Violence Prevention Educator in the subject line, to email@example.com.
Applications submitted through Facebook/ social media will not be viewed.
APPLY BY FEBRUARY 15th, 4:30PM.
This position is available through OTF.