- In Canada, a woman is sexually assaulted every 6 minutes.
- Sexual Assault is the most prevalent violent crime (1 in 3 violent crimes committed are Sexual Assaults).
- 1 in 3 females (and 1 in 6 males) will be will be touched sexually or molested by the time they reach 18 years of age.
- Over 80% or the time, women are sexually assaulted by men known to them.
- Only 5-10% of Sexual Assaults are reported to the Police.
- Only 1% of date rapes are reported to the Police.
- 60% of Sexual Assaults take place in private homes.
- Women with disabilities are twice as likely to be sexually assaulted.
No individual ever “asks” or deserves to be sexually assaulted, and there is no data to suggest that the way a woman is dressed will either provoke or prevent a sexual attack.